Thursday, July 1, 2010

One with the Universe!


Certain situations and few happenings since last one year have moved me in some way. If I look back to myself exactly one year back, I was a completely different person. Looking back to me, one year back and today, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that the two images are like oil and water. At times, I have been wondering (while writing this) should I post it on my blog?

(made up my mind)


I have always read about cosmic oneness and have happened to believe a lot of theories on cosmic oneness, its meaning and the meaning of life and I certainly don’t expect you to believe what I am about to write. And why I believe in it still remains a secret, all I can say is that I could “feel” the cosmic oneness and how everything in this universe is connected. My experience is probably the smallest fragment of this cosmic oneness theory, yet I want to express it, although an experience cannot be express in words I believe. It can be only felt and experienced. The reason behind expressing my feeling is that I want to know if there is anyone out there who felt the same at some point or someone who cannot agree more to this. Am I the only one?

On a beautiful dark morning, I was just looking outside my window. What I saw wasn’t just the usual roadside scene. I was watching at the world through just a window from my house. Cynical, right? I observed a group of IT employees who were waiting for their bus to arrive for a morning office pick-up, senior citizens sitting on a bench with opened newspapers covering their faces and kids waiting for their school bus. I observed one of the IT employees waving her hand continuously and it made me “think”. A man who was reading a newspaper “heard” the temple bells ringing. After few more minutes (in which he must have “thought”) – he went inside the temple and prayed. And while I was watching at the world through my window, I realized how every action (not necessarily physical) has an effect in this cosmic world.


The IT woman who waved her hand got my attention and affected my mind since I started thinking about what was she doing. Few people who were ringing bells of the temple affected the thought process of the man with newspaper and his thoughts made him visit the temple and pray. The kids affected my sub conscious mind and made me think of my younger sister who waits for her school bus every morning, back in my hometown. And when I told this to my friend, how his energies started thinking deeply about what I felt.

I said,
“So do you see how everything is connected? Every action of a person directly or indirectly affected some one else’s action/mind/thoughts/mood. And can you feel the infinity of this chain of matter affecting other matter?”

Our minds are programmed to ask for a scientific explanation behind everything. So I did not blame him when he asked me a scientific reason behind it. I am not much of a science person although I know the basics of physical sciences. I started thinking of an explanation, a scientific one. I knew what I thought did make sense but my mind tossed as I thought of some scientific words to describe the phenomenon of “everything is connected”.

After few minutes, this is what I said:
What I experienced was an infinite chain of matter, which is connected to each other, in which, every single action (not necessarily physical), affects the rest of the infinite chain of matter, directly or indirectly. And this exactly made me feel how the entire Universe is connected and the infinity of this chain of matter. Any kind of energy used by any matter affects the all the energies in the cosmic world.

This means that even when you are reading this right now your energies are affecting the giant ocean of energies in the entire Universe. When you are reading this right now, and using your energy to read this, your mind is working, your moods are changing and any person who talks to you after this, you might have a different perception about “talking” to him and that might definitely affect his thought process and the infinite chain goes on. On the contrary, this might not happen with you, but something else, try searching for a connection and you will find how everything is connected. All is One, indeed!


This experience has totally changed my perception about the Universe. When I talk of Universe now, I believe, it starts with me! The chain of matter starts with me. I should do good deeds for the mankind to make sure this chain does good too. My mind is at peace ever since I felt this phenomenon. But the curiosity still resides within me. Have you ever felt this way or am I the only One?


(Please share in your comments for this article as this is one if the most important articles I’ve ever written. Please feel free to criticize if you do not agree with my views. All is One!)


☮ Peace ☮


Creative Commons LicenseAV's Avilicious by Avanika Mote is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.

14 comments:

Ruturaj Mokashi said...

This is a very great post. I think writing comment can be a very critical task..!!!

Avanika said...

Thank you so much for your response Rutu. I'm glad someone relates to it and understands the oneness.
Peace.

kuldeep j said...

yup offcourse reading de article makes mood change, also talking with someone aftr reading this article will also change the voice tone may become polite n good!......but i think probably this mood/feeling stays until another aspect come rather say @ some point when difficulty of regular life comes everything splashes whats in our mind n we become same as we were!...de chain u said is always going on wid ups n downs......Really de article is nice,good!! "liked it!

sOma said...

...what a beautiful satori experience. Thank you for sharing. Your writing is clear and concise Avanika.

Avanika said...

Thank you sOma. Your feedback means a lot to me. I don't know what do I call this experience. But I know it makes major sense and it sure stays within me all the time. I know what satori means, could it really be a satori experience?

Honey Surana said...

Hey awesome article....could easily connect......its written in the way i have been reading philosophy.....and i like kuldeeps comments to.....he seems to be touched...

Sahithi Pallavi said...

Great Post Avanika. Really well written. :)

Avanika said...

Thank you once again, Sahithi for your comment and most importantly for visiting again. :)

Hope to see you again on my blog. Stay tuned. I am also on facebook.
Love & Peace.

Unknown said...

Hi...

I landed on your page thru cloud browsing and this particular topic stopped my mouse. I completely agree with you on this as this is something which is Universe agenda to drive all spiritual souls through the energy from oneness.
Good deep writing..continue wish you the best!!

Anonymous said...

This is crazy stuff.. Totally loved reading it..

Avanika said...

Thank you Sudesh C and bigbonedgamer for your visits and comments. Honestly, I am overwhelmed to get such responses because when I experienced this phenomenon and wrote it down, hardly did I knew that so many people would understand and connect to it. My satisfaction lies in knowing that my readers understand what I write and can get connected to it so that they look at the world with a bigger, broader and an open perception.

Spread Love & Light,
Live the Magic!
Namaste.

Unknown said...

Hi Avanika, that's a wonderful post, thank you so much for sharing it with me.
Reading your experience I got the feeling that I knew exactly what you were trying to say. Trust me, you were very eloquent, but I understand how hard these things are to get across, having had a few such experiences myself.
I don't have much else to say other than to thank you for sharing and that everything you have expressed in this post is something I agree with and something I feel too.
All is one ;) And I am very happy that we connected. I am really going to have to do what we talked about and start my own blog and share it with you. I have really enjoyed reading your other blog as well!!

Sjhekhar said...

hey very good topic and gr8 post !
what I believe is everything is connected !! Everything that exists !
Existence is nothing but energy a energy matrix! so everything is an energy.. . even living non living creations are energy...
we influence surrounding energy by they way we talk act...and surrounding energy can affect us.
even our thought is energy..so mind can influence the matter and matter can influence the mind.
I came across a nice book on the same topic gregg bradens The Divne Matrix..

Unlikely Mystic said...

Hi Avanika, thanks for visiting my blog, and directing me to this article you wrote. I'm sorry it has taken so long for me to visit. I took some time off from blogging but I am getting back into it again now, and I only just saw your comment today.

I really enjoyed your insights on the infinite nature of the universe. I also agree that we all share an inescapable connection through matter, thought and deed. Your epiphany was very beautiful, and one I'm sure will continue to benefit you (and the Universe!) going forward. Keep sharing your beautiful thoughts, they are a blessing to all of us. ;-)

Much love and peace your way, sweet one!

Unlikely Mystic

Related Posts with Thumbnails