Monday, March 29, 2010

CHANGE - The Title


I've always felt miserable and eccentric whenever I could see a change coming in my life. Usually, I call myself an explorer, if I had to describe myself in one word, since I love exploring new places and new people but when it comes to major changes in my life, the explorer within me, makes its escape to explorer something else, it seems!

Changes, has always been suffixed by a Why. Why do we get so paranoid in our lives while facing major changes (even if they are meant to be good for us). And the iconic irony - Changes are the only things that are constant in our lives, is what I feel, ruins the entire meaning of change and screws my faith in constancy of life.

That though multiplies into a hundred more, and takes me to another set of thoughts that rebel over life's mysteries. What is permanency and why are we so hooked onto it?

After thinking over a million thoughts and engaging in a warfare with a zillion voices in my head, I finally want to leave it on my destiny to decide how to deal with changes. Because, a shelf full of self-help books and a night full of strange thoughts ain't gonna change the trail of changes in one's life. After all, human behavior, as we know, is contaminated with several situational perceptions.

So, here comes one (perception), I go back in my high school days and I think of the kinda girl I used to be...someone who would welcome the worst of changes with her arms wide open! I eagerly wanted to move to a new place and lead an independent life and I did, with a little bit of exploring new people and places, I loved it too and I made up my mind to stay there even after my graduation.

What followed was, an amusingly surprising feeling of weakness and dependency inside me, that would hold me back to deal with changes. I, actually didn't know what I wanted from life, which is when I started believing that changes are, indeed, the only constant things in life and the one who knows how to deal with them , survives. Those who escape them(changes), simply exist...They don't live.

I do not know the whys and hows of changes. But a major change always leaves me with few questions out of which why-a-change comes by default!

Why do people change? Is it the change that people are scared of or the break in the continuity of a permanency? What is it that you really want - a change that stays stable or a stability that comes with a few changes?

I admit, this article asks more questions than answering a few. But is an article always supposed to be conclusive? So this time, I decided to ask you all these questions, your experiences about dealing with changes and facing them. This is where I give up on seeking my own answers. Let's talk...

3 comments:

Anubhav Mishra said...

Truckloads of questions there! But, Change, as they say, is the only constant. I wonder what would our life be like or how constant it would be if there were no constant changes. Do you sense a catch here?

Honey Surana said...

Geeta Saar- Jo ho gaya, vo achcha hua, jo ho raha hai, vo achcha hai aur jo hoga vo bhi achcha hi hoga.

Tum kya lekar aaye the? jo tumne kho diya.
Tumne kya paida kiya? jo nasht ho gaya.
Tumne jo liya yahi se liya, jo diya yahi par diya.
Jo aaj tumhara hai, kal kisi aur ka tha, parso kisi aur ka ho jayega.
Parivartan sansaar ka neeyam. (Bhagvadgita)

The change is here to dwell....
Great piece of work....

Honey Surana said...

Geeta Saar- Jo ho gaya, vo achcha hua, jo ho raha hai, vo achcha hai aur jo hoga vo bhi achcha hi hoga.

Tum kya lekar aaye the? jo tumne kho diya.
Tumne kya paida kiya? jo nasht ho gaya.
Tumne jo liya yahi se liya, jo diya yahi par diya.
Jo aaj tumhara hai, kal kisi aur ka tha, parso kisi aur ka ho jayega.
Parivartan sansaar ka neeyam. (Bhagvadgita)

The change is here to dwell....

Related Posts with Thumbnails